Joy in The Simple

A child's voice in play.  The sound of imagination is precious beyond words.  A tea party with princesses, an owl and some gnomes.  I could sit and listen for hours.  The scent of pine from the Christmas tree lingers in the room, mixing in with the smell of wood smoke and hot cocoa.  Out the window, just inches from me, birds feed at the feeders.  Windows sparkling clean to enhance my view and window screens removed for the winter so I can take pictures of the birds at the feeder.  Wool socks keep my feet toasty warm.  Its good to make your own socks, you can make them just the way you like them.  Despite the early hour, its been a full and wonderful day.  Pancakes in the shape of houses and trees, eggs scrambled that little hands gathered from the nest yesterday.  The joy of having a grandchild, so precious, wake up in the room next to ours.  Christmas break, time to stay with Grammie and Grandpa for a couple days so we can play and laugh and learn together that the greatest gift in life is indeed love.  This afternoon we will bake bread together, learning and laughing at the same time.   I am thankful for a simple life, filled with simple joys and the time to enjoy these moments.


Comments

JacquiG said…
I so envy you your grandchildren. I love reading about the time you spend with them and seeing pictures and watching them grow. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'll never be blessed with grandchildren of my own. I'll have to live that part of my life vicariously through others.

Patty Sumner said…
Well said!!! The older I get the more I crave the simplier things in life... Blessings!

Popular Posts