Our Country Mourns

There are no words that match what has happened in Connecticut.  It feels as though someone has kicked out the very ground we all felt was sacred, the lives of innocent children and those who nurtured them daily, with encouragement and the joy of learning.  I cannot assume to have any idea of what those families are going through.  I only know how I felt when so many years ago, the Doctors told me they didn't think our sweet 7 year old probably would not make it through the night...but she did.  I felt that horrible pain again several times when our precious grand-daughters life hung in the balance, but she made it.  Those times I felt pain greater than I had ever known, but these families...I cannot even slightly imagine what their pain must be.  I do know, that we live in an imperfect world.  One where I have no idea why anyone would want to own machines of such destruction.  I know that God, in His mercy, does not make us puppets, but that He has the power to change circumstances, but does not always do that, for reasons I don't comprehend.  I know that even when things feel unbearable, He can lead us to a soft place.  I love the verse that reads...
Psalm 91:4   He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
I know, from personal experience that He does cover us with His wings and we can find refuge and a feeling of safety there.  It is my prayer, that all the families that have been so devastated by loss and by an overwhelming sadness, that they too find comfort in that which is greater than we are.  
The day I saw this cloud formation to the west, I knew that God had given me this dove in the sky to show me His love.  Today, I needed to remember it.

Comments

Rose said…
patty my thoughts and prayers are with these poor people, infact my thoughts and prayers are with the american nation. Recovery and acceptance is in prayer. best wishes jackie x
p.s beautiful photo!

Popular Posts