Spritz Cookies


These are another old family tradition.  I can remember standing at the kitchen table trying to convince my grandmother we needed more dogs and camels than the wreaths.  My sister and I had so much fun making Christmas cookies together when we were old enough to do it by ourselves.  Lots of laughter, lots of mess, and lots of fun.  Now, its cookie baking fun with my girls and Mei-Ling.  Yen, just wants to eat the cookies...he is not as excited to make them as he is to eat them.  
You know those sort of not so cute baby dolls at the dollar stores, well, they make wonderful little Tomte.  Add a beard, a nice warm wool hat, some wool pants, sweater and boots and you would not ever guess he was once a rather odd looking baby doll. This little fella stands guard over the cookies until I can put them in the cookie jar.
recipe from my 1970's Betty Crocker Cookbook, that was a wedding present so long ago

Comments

aimee said…
I have an old Betty Crocker cookbook that was my mom's and love it!

I am really enjoying your Tomte posts--I think the ones you make are some of the very nicest I have seen (and I've seen quite a few)! I will have to pay a visit to the closest Dollar Store and see if I can find a not so cute, rather odd looking baby doll to transform into a very charming tomte/nisse:)

I miss my grandkids and doing fun things with them terribly...I think, in a way though, that it helps me to be able to live vicarously through your posts and adventures with Mei-Ling and Yen. It definitely reminds me of similar things I did with my kids when they were younger and makes me imagine ways I might be able to do fun things--albeit long distance--with my grandkids now.

Advent Blessings,
Aimee

Popular Posts