Bûche de Noël






Its never too early to learn to bake.  My own daughters were by my side in the kitchen from the time they were 2 and the same now with my grand-daughter Mei-Ling.  Although my own daughters enjoyed helping me in the kitchen, for Mei-Ling its more than fun, its a passion.  She LOVES to bake and cook.  Learning today how to carefully fold the beaten egg whites into the beaten yolk mixture and carefully roll the Bûche de Noël.   While she was mixing the egg whites into the yolks so gently, she said, "Grammie, this is going to be like eating a cloud" and when we finished rolling the cake up into the towel, she said, with all the seriousness and passion of Julia Child, "This is going to be delectable !"   What fun for me to have such a delightful helper in the kitchen.   Before we started cooking and I explained what a Bûche de Noël is, she wanted to go to the wood pile and pick out a log to use for an example.  She is one serious baker.


Comments

Peacemom said…
What a blessing, is Mei-Ling, in so many ways. God surely guided her to your family and you all to her. Happy Holidays and many blessings to you in the coming year. ~Vonnie, NH
JacquiG said…
Oh how I envy you with your grandchildren. I don't think I will ever have that blessing so I just love reading about yours and seeing their pictures as they grow.

I wish you and your family much happiness and blessings for a Merry Christmas.
What a joy to share your skills and experience with a little girl who cares so much about them, and about spending time with you. A huge blessing for your both! I wish you and all your loved ones a joyful and blessed Christmas!

Popular Posts