Christmas Fudge




Most of my childhood and into my adulthood, my mothers best friend Adele, made our family
5 lbs of See's Fudge for a Christmas gift.  It was something we ALL looked forward to.  A gift made with love that we all enjoyed.  Grammie Del's, as we called her, was a highlight of the season.  Sneaking a piece from the fridge, laughing about it with everyone else in the family that did the same thing.  Today, as I have done for many Christmases after I got married and moved away from my hometown, I have made this same fudge recipe.  A favorite with my family as well.   With every stir, I thought about my mothers dear friend and how dear she was to all of us.  We lost her last year and as you can guess, I shed a tear or two thinking her.


See's Candy Fudge Recipe


Ingredients

    • 4 1/2 cups sugar
    • 3 (12 ounce) packages chocolate chips
    • 1/2 lb butter
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
    • 7 ounces marshmallow cream
    • 2 cups nuts

Directions

  1. Mix 4 1/2 cups sugar with one (1) can evaporated milk.
  2. Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often (rolling boil).
  3. Mix together in a large bowl; 3 packages chocolate chips, 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream, 1/2 lb. melted margarine.
  4. Cream margarine and marshmallow together and add chocolate chips.
  5. Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
  6. After chocolate has melted, add 2 cups of nuts and 1 teaspoons of vanilla, blend well, pour into buttered pans and chill in refrigerator.
  7. Cut into squares before firm.
  8. This recipe makes about 5 lbs of fudge.

Comments

Rebecca said…
Would there be a problem with using butter, do you think? I'm going to try this! I don't like to mess with a candy thermometer, so this recipe sounds GREAT to me.
Patty said…
Hi Rebecca, I don't use margarine, haven't for years. Butter works fine

Popular Posts