Most of my childhood and into my adulthood, my mothers best friend Adele, made our family
5 lbs of See's Fudge for a Christmas gift. It was something we ALL looked forward to. A gift made with love that we all enjoyed. Grammie Del's, as we called her, was a highlight of the season. Sneaking a piece from the fridge, laughing about it with everyone else in the family that did the same thing. Today, as I have done for many Christmases after I got married and moved away from my hometown, I have made this same fudge recipe. A favorite with my family as well. With every stir, I thought about my mothers dear friend and how dear she was to all of us. We lost her last year and as you can guess, I shed a tear or two thinking her.
See's Candy Fudge Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 (12 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 2 cups nuts
- Mix 4 1/2 cups sugar with one (1) can evaporated milk.
- Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often (rolling boil).
- Mix together in a large bowl; 3 packages chocolate chips, 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream, 1/2 lb. melted margarine.
- Cream margarine and marshmallow together and add chocolate chips.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
- After chocolate has melted, add 2 cups of nuts and 1 teaspoons of vanilla, blend well, pour into buttered pans and chill in refrigerator.
- Cut into squares before firm.
- This recipe makes about 5 lbs of fudge.