First Cold Morning






Yesterday morning when we put up our outside Christmas lights, we did it in short sleeve shirts. By late afternoon the cold north wind began to blow and by bedtime the wind was howling as if we were in the North woods,  The temperature was dropping by the minute.  All night the wind blew with a force that made this old house creak and groan.  Somewhere in the night, the wind knocked out our power.  We woke to a wind chill of 15 F (-9 C )  We wasted no time in getting the wood stove going.  My sweet husband bringing in armloads of wood so I can stay toasty warm throughout the day.   It makes me smile to see the rubbermaid container filled with wood, along with the very stylish wooden buckets filled with kindling of all sorts and pine cones to help get the fire going quickly on such cold mornings as this.  The rubbermaid container, helps keep the wood crumbs from spreading all over the floor, but it certainly is not very pretty.  It feels like winter now, more like the Christmas season.  I love it.  I suspect my genes are meant for cold weather, not the hot dry heat of Texas.  I come alive in winter !  It invigorates me like nothing else does.  Time to get busy, Christmas gifts to work on, knitting needles and crochet hook flying most of the day.   Just love this time of year

Comments

Carole said…
An amazing drop of temperatures in such a short time ! Isn't this hard on your body ? When we lose ten degrees overnight, I feel that my system can't take it.
Happy Christmas preparations !
grbev said…
Spray paint the Rubbermaid white, attach velcro around the top edges, make some skirts that can velcro around (and take off while filling the wood "box"). Voila, cute, colorful, and problem solved.

Hugs from wintery Utah,

Bev
Cathy said…
Please do share your knitting/crocheting with us when done...

Popular Posts