Magic In The Air


“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” Albert Einstein

I am a firm believer in giving children plenty of inspiration for imagination.  I fostered a healthy imagination for my children and am doing so for my Grandchildren, at least for the two that don't have religious convictions that do not allow them to learn about things of a mystical nature.  This weekend Emery is making a Tomte home for Mei and Yen to discover on their own when they are out exploring by the barn  I spent the morning painting wee furniture, yet to have the designs painted on them,  and staining tiny barrels and buckets to go inside the little house.  There will be a tiny knitted cap to be found in the leaves by the house, left in haste no doubt, by one of the Tomte.   
What fun we are having, creating an atmosphere of Christmas magic.   We are getting to play all over again and create another generation of memories, just as my parents did for me and we did for our children.  


Comments

Wonderful! I truly do not believe these imaginative things affect their religious beliefs as they grow up. It's such a gift, both to your grandchildren and to you to have this spirit of play and imagination.
Thinking about why I don't believe it will affect religious belief, I realized that what you are doing is a gift of love which your grandchildren will realize as they grow up and probably on some level even now. All religion is based on a loving God whom we are to follow.

Popular Posts