Found Something New, Applegate Farms Chicken Nuggets

When I find a product I really like I like to share it with my readers. Most of you know we try hard to eat healthy. I would not call us fanatical about our eating since we do on occasion go out to eat to a fast food place that sells tacos ! And I have been known to eat a variety of sugary treats a time or two, but there are some things that I will not compromise on. We will not eat stuff made with corn syrup, or hormone laced meats, don't eat pork, and stay clear of meats and dairy that are full of antibiotics. We try to eat mainly organic fruits and veggies.
Like lots of children, Mei-Ling loves chicken nuggets but they all seem to have some ingredient or another that we don't like, mainly its the chicken aspect of the nugget we object to, that has been pumped up with hormones and antibiotics and who knows what other things that I don't think we need to be eating, but especially Mei-Ling with all her health issues does not need to consume that stuff. Some of the veggie nuggets have so many ingredients in them and lots of preservatives.
So we wanted to find something she would like, and was healthy for her.
Now for my shameless plug for Applegate Farms Chicken Nuggets. We got some for Mei-Ling to try, she is a real fan of chicken nuggets so if she liked them, we knew we had come upon something great. Sunday when she was visiting I made some for her and she ate 3/4 of a box all by herself. Mei-Ling daintily dips hers in ketchup. This tiny girl has a good appetite ! I tried them too and honestly they were fantastic. Not the least bit chewy, lots of flavor too. They are for sure a new family favorite and will be on my shopping list each week. I really like them too.
I believe in supporting companies that are trying to do it right. I wrote about Applegate Farms before on my blog regarding their Turkey Bacon You would think I owned stock or something in the company but I don't, I just like their products. Simple as that.

Comments

grbev said…
Sometimes when I leave a grocery store that has a million items, I have very little in my cart because the items are all so full of preservatives, corn syrup, etc. I often feel like a failure at shopping because I come home with so little. Thanks for recommending the chicken. I will try them on my grandchildren!

Seems like I mostly come home with fruit and vegetables, although I would rather get them from my own garden if the season were right.

Bev
novascotiagal said…
Industrially raised chickens do have antibiotics included in their life, but not hormones. THAT at least is excluded. So packaging that says "no hormones" in their chicken, is stating what is true for all chicken - just a heads up on the marketing angle there. (red meats, milk - that's the hormone watch, of course) Wish I could get that brand here.

I'm trying to find healthy alternatives too, and those veggie versions of things are full of additives. I'm stuck with them right now because of my vegetarian 9 year old - just in order to get enough protein in him - but I keep insisting that he TRY the beans, please. If you are going to be vegetarian, you gotta learn to like some stuff you don't like now!.... I'm working on it.
Sarah said…
They are extremely tasty! I am so glad you found another healthy snack for precious Mei-Ling.


God bless,

Sarah

religiousstudiesscholar.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
Because of the concern about high fructose corn syrup, our bottle of Hunts Tomato Ketchup lists #1: Tomato concentrate made from vine ripened tomatoes; #2 HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP; #3 distilled vinegar; #4 corn syrup, salt, less than 2% of : onion powder, garlic powder, natural flavors.
Perhaps your ketchup brand is of a different composition, but thought this info might be of help to you. The best to your family. Marg
Patty said…
Hi Marge, We have eaten organic, sugar sweetened ketchup for years. When my tomato yeild is good, I just make my own. Its not hard to make and tastes oh so much better. This year I planted 5 amish paste tomato plants in hopes of plenty for sauce and ketchup

Popular Posts