Melissa and James back in Vermont


We drove Melissa and James to the airport this morning. It was a sad moment when we hugged good-bye. I know she will be home again before the year is up, but it never seems to get easier for any of us that they don't live here in Texas. They feel the same way. Some children want to live far away from their parents but not ours.
We had such a good time visiting. Mei-Ling just loves her Auntie Melissa and Uncle James. Mei-Ling had never met James before but warmed up to him pretty quick and loved playing with him. James will make a great dad some day. He was always teaching Mei-Ling all the while he was playing with her, just like we do with her. Life is a constant learning experience at that age, well actually I think it is our whole lives. Melissa is great with Mei-Ling and it reminds me of how I was with my niece when she was little.
The chores are done, and the evening sky is growing darker. Daylight is fading and it has become the quiet time of the day for us. It feels maybe just a bit more quiet tonight.
We are so very blessed with our children and our children's spouses. They are delights to us.

Psalm 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Proverbs 17:6 Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
So glad you had a nice time. Elizabeth is growing so fast! She's looking more and more like a little girl than a baby.

You are so blessed with loving family Patty.
Carole said…
It was so nice to read that Melissa and James were coming, but when I saw the title of your post this morning I thought "already ?"
Even though I have less access to computers now, I still follow your blog as regularly as I can.
I'm having problems at school with a student... would you care to pray for me ? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
How nice that the entire family could be together, if even for a short time.
That is a great photo of Priscilla.
The Stricklands said…
I know you had a wonderful week with your family. I am still going through "mom withdrawal" since Michael moved to New York. Your pictures are lovely.

Popular Posts