Hard Work




Up before the sun, bottles warming on the stove for the kid (goat kid). Emery eating breakfast at the table, and my head full of plans for the day. Time to get the cultivator out and do some garden work, then plant a few seeds, this time flowers. Mint to pick so I can have meadow tea after fertilizing the front lawn. Compost to take care of. Should do some laundry and maybe even some housecleaning but rain is due later in the week and the house cleaning might just have to wait until rain forces me inside all day long. A big tall glass of goat milk is all I have time for this morning for breakfast, but it will hold me a while. Drinking it down, I feel so grateful, so blessed to have it to drink. If I have time this afternoon, it would be nice to start some cheese.
My mind is full of work to do and that excites me. I am not one to enjoy being idle. Laziness is not part of my vocabulary, neither is the word bored or the concept of having nothing to do.
Life is exciting, full of adventure, even if the adventure is just simply bending down over the lettuce and seeing a beautiful lady bug eating away at aphids.
Fingernails dirty from this mornings work, but that's OK with me, just part of having a life with some hard work in it, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Faith recovering from her de-horning experience
Just some wood and weeds
Kid play
"Mom, don't go!"
The garden after I worked in it
Goat Ballet ?????
Faith, Hope and Charity
Cinnamon looks like she is saying, "I am gorgeous"
A busy little woodpecker in the black walnut tree

Comments

Val said…
I am just like you. I love to be outside working. There is nothing more rewarding.
Hi! Your garden looks nice. I just have a little one but planted peas today! :} Nancy D.
aimee said…
I never ever tire of seeing photos of your little goats. They're absolutely adorable and make me smile!
Blessings, aimee
Marci said…
Goats are so much fun and have so much personality. It used to amaze me at how they could stand upright and eat the leaves from tree like the one in your picture. You are truly blessed with some cuties.

Your garden is looking wonderful and getting me excited about mine.
Winona said…
I love, love the pictures of your goats. Goats have such personality. Your garden is looking great. I still have nothing planted. It rains every 2-3 days here. I'm in northwest Missouri. I am enjoying your blog.
Winona
Joanie said…
Hi, I'm Joanie and just discovered your blog through a new blog friend ~ Rebecca @ lifeandgodliness... I really enjoy reading your blog posts and seeing how your days are filled ~ with wonderful simplicity and a peaceful way of living ~ though there is hard work involved to achieve it. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts