Play Cloths

When my girls were little, they had several silk cloths to play with, to use their imagination with, dress up in, make tents with, wrap dolls in, all sorts of fun things.
Yesterday when Mei-Ling was over for a visit, she was wrapping up in a blanket then in a small woven rug, that had fortunately just been washed. I realized it was time for Grammie to get some play cloths for the girls to play with when they come over. Play cloths are as versatile as the child's imagination.
Emery had to go to the neighboring towns Wal-Mart and its one of the few Wal-Marts around here that has a vast amount of fabric, lots of $2 a yard. I found several fun fabrics for play cloths for the grand-babies to play with when they come over. Most were $1.50 a yard and 60" wide which makes for a good size cloth to play with. The rainbow fabric was a bit more, but oh so perfect for little girls imagination !

Einstein said....“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.”
and, “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.”
and, “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
and,“and finally....“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

While I was at Wal-Mart I found this cute cotton for $2 a yard that will make a perfect apron to wear while gardening. It was 50 % need and 50 % want !

Comments

Lib said…
Love the fabric, can't wait to see your finished apron!
Have a great wk.
Blessins',Lib
Janette said…
Lots of play cloth for my boy and girl growing up. They were always inventing something new with them!
QUOTE: 50% need 50% want

I had "one of those" myself today Patty. I bought a pre-printed apron that matches with a picture panel I bought (for 50c)...I "had" to have it...LOL!
novascotiagal said…
I must find some extra cloth like that. I have 2 old bed sheets, and a bedspread, but that isn't enough - they are taking the beach towels too... ALL of them, outside in the leaves and dirt, building forts! I love their imagination, but not the laundry. I just didn't think of buying cloth on purpose for play - great idea.

Popular Posts