Saturday Morning Ramble




It seems the season has officially caught up with what is taking place in my world. I can now use the term springtime and its correct. Walking outside this morning, it all feels so alive, so new and fresh. Tiny plants springing from the rich garden soil, flowers in bloom, even the bluebonnets are appearing now and that is a big deal for us in Texas, we love our Bluebonnets. They are early this year, which makes me think, summer will be early too and that does not excite me one bit. Its hot here in summer and I am not a fan of the heat.
My day has been a busy one and its not even noon. Raked part of the goats pen, hay was everywhere. Planted a row of green beans, second planting. I like to have things ready to harvest at different times. Cultivated a few more rows and I am sure you would have all giggled a bit to see me out there behind the cultivator, sun bonnet on, yes, the "Little House On The Prairie" variety, a full apron over my skirt and shirt, and on my feet, the trusty new "welligogs". What a sight ! My nose burns easy so I need to keep my face covered and yes I do use sunscreen. My arms are tired and I am thirsty. Before coming in the house for a drink and to finish up this post, I stopped to admire the wisteria and breathe deeply the scent of the honey locust blooms. I watered the roses and checked on the hollyhocks that I planted this year. I watched the kids romp around in the pasture and looked at the buds on the oak trees. Saw all kinds of birds flying from tree to tree and marvelled at the neighbors straight rows in their garden. Life is good, not always easy but still good. There are hard things in every ones life, broken relationships, sickness, loss, financial woes, work issues, loneliness and sometimes a bit of confusion as to which way to turn, but there are always good things to concentrate on. That we are alive is a good place to start and that we have eyes to see is another one or ears to hear with.
We can always have hope and that my friend is a wonderful thing.
wisteria in bloom off the chicken house
a photo of our honey locust in bloom that I took at night
Faith, Hope and Charity
Harry being my faithful companion and always close at hand, but never in the way.

Comments

Renee said…
Happy Spring! One of my favorite flowers is wisteria in bloom. Have a blessed week.

Popular Posts