Monday Morning Ramble











After nearly a week of rain, the sun is shinning this morning and it is most welcome as the pile of laundry has been growing. Rain means no laundry for me unless I care to hang up clothes end to end in the living room. Which I have done out of desperation a time or two, but it is always a guarantee that company will arrive unannounced and end up sitting under the hanging towels or undergarments, which is a tad bit embarrassing for me and the guests.
Emery took me shopping this weekend for some heirloom seeds and tomato plants. I am not a huge fan of genetically altered plants. I prefer to eat my tomatoes without some gene of a fruit fly stuck in there. If nothing else, its a mixture of species which goes against God's plan for things. And there is no seed saving in hybrids. At any rate, I was able to get what I wanted which this time was the same thing as what I needed. Good feeling to have those two mind sets match up ! We were out late so stopped for a quick bite of some Mexican food. We are not the fancy restaurant kind of folk. Expensive food makes for expensive waste in oh so many ways.
Our meal for the two of us was under $10.
I plan to cultivate the garden again today, since the soil is drying out a bit and from all the rain the weeds have taken off with great gusto. Spring time is always a time of lots of work. Hard work but that's part of this simple life we have chosen.
We had great news over the weekend, Melissa and James are able to come down for a visit the end of this month. I am so excited, it feels like so long since she has been here, but in reality it hasn't been. We haven't seen James in a long time so that makes this an extra special visit.Life is good.
I sit here, a bit chilly, but with no intention of building a fire since it will warm up today, there is a cloudless blue sky, buds on all the fruit trees, flowers popping up all over the place. I even saw some bluebonnets yesterday when we were out. The grass is greening up. Birds are singing. I have a wonderful loving family. Mei-Ling has been doing so well. Harry has not met up with another skunk in days. We are getting our back porch and deck built soon and every step of that porch is nothing less than a huge blessing. Laundry hanging on the lines. More plants to put in the garden. Kids (baby goats) growing fast and they are healthy. Fresh milk to drink every day. Cheese to be made later this week. So many blessings, gifts that are given so freely.
Steven recovered from his pneumonia quickly and didn't miss much work. He was blessed in more ways than his youthful years can see. Simplicity the ever present joy in our lives. God is good and His mercy flows freely to the unclenched fist.

Comments

healinggreen said…
I just want to say -- thank you so much for your photos. They are always so beautiful. You have real eye for composition, and the lighting and everything is always perfect, too. Stunning.
Patty, what happened to the post after this one which I read a while ago and came back to reread?
Patty said…
Hi Kristi,
I took it down after I reread it myself because it really wasn't reflecting exactly how I feel, so I will rewrite it today, with less religious overtones and more of just the spiritual tone that feels more honest.

Popular Posts