As the Sun Sets

It was a day of hard work. Gave both adult goats baths and trimmed their hooves. Gave Harry a bath while I was at it. Did chores as usual. Picked mint from the herb garden for Meadow Tea, lots of it... gave some to our neighbors. Had a good breakfast of hot cereal, and fresh squeezed orange juice. Emery had some eggs and toast too. While Emery built a new door for the chicken pen, I used the high wheel cultivator (not one single ounce of fossil fuel for that, just plain old muscle used) and cultivated about 1,300 ft of the garden. Only had time for a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. We were both so busy today. Needless to say I am tired tonight. Still have evening chores to do. I don't mind a bit though. Birds are singing the last songs of the day, the sky is changing colors before me. A flower here and there gracing the earth with beauty. The air is soft and its cooling off a bit and that feels good. It was 81 degrees F today. Warm for hard work.
I love this life, its a good life. Emery smiles and waves to me as I head indoors to fix supper. Steamed carrots from the garden. Spinach too. Our food.

Comments

minervabird said…
You have such a lovely blog and really embody the idea of gratitude. Thanks for writing it.

Best wishes,

Anna Marie
Val said…
Steamed carrots & spinich sound good to me especially after a good day of hard work.
If you are still creating cards, the first two photos on this entry would be wonderful additions!

Popular Posts