Blessings of the day



Maybe I was feeling a little sorry for myself this morning...waking up with a splint on each hand quickly reminded me that my day was going to be a little different than most.
I got dressed and decided that today was going to be a fantastic day because I was going to have to be a little more creative in planning out what to do.
Did my chores as usual, and watched the rain clouds move in. Stood at the garden gate feeling satisfied that we got the last of the garden planted just in time for the rain to kiss the soil and seed. Emery helped me plant corn last night and we finished up right about the time it was too dark to see without some kind of artificial light.
On the way home from town this past weekend I noticed there were some Indian Paint Brush in bloom close to our road, today seemed the perfect opportunity to take some pictures of them. Splints do not hinder me with the camera !
What a blessing to wander a vast field, alone except for the killdeer that were a bit alarmed by my presence. I suspect they had a nest close by and worked at keeping me from stepping into their hope for another generation. I prayed as I walked, thanking God for this opportunity to step away from the busy-ness of my life and take a break. Forced by the splints to just take a different journey for a little while. What a blessing for me, as I may not have sought out any quiet time for an extended amount of time otherwise. I love the moments of silence in my life, but they are short bouts of it, never days of just rest and quiet.
Just as I was about to head off to find Bluebonnets to capture with the camera, the sky darkened and it was time to run for the car. That must be for another day !
Stopped off to see Emery at his office and look at a new cabin they have built. I believe I could covet this cabin, its beautiful. Emery bought me a little wishing well to put in one of our flower beds, anxious to get it home. Life is so good, so full of blessings all from above.

Comments

Your blog is my "reward" at the end of the day for me at my place of work before I pack up and go home. I was sick and away from work Friday/Monday and was pouting to myself for two days that I could not check in with my wise and talented "friend" on-line LOL

I so enjoy your well endowed blog full of wisdom and beautiful pictures, those flowers are surreal and I LOVE that basket - what a beautiful gift - where you going to put it?

Sorry about your hands but like you said in your blog - God can sometimes slow us down when we need it and make us "take time to smell the flowers"

Have a wonderful evening in TX

Popular Posts