Joy in my day



My goat Licorice, (she was originally named Clove but she is truly the color of licorice now) actually climbed up on the milking stand with no "help" from me. That was a huge blessing as she has been so stubborn about it, always needed a push from behind to get her up there. Dealing with her helps me to understand when people refer to goats as stubborn creatures !
Along the garden fence, Cardinals and Chickadees were hanging upside down, feeding on the sunflowers that have gone to seed. The sky, baby blue with wisps of white clouds floating by were simply soothing to watch. It was not desperately hot out yet, that was to come later in the day. There was a slight stirring in the trees, a tiny breeze that was so welcomed.
There were a few errands to run this morning after chores . Melanie and Mei-Ling came with me. We commented to one another how much of a blessing it is to be able to do so many things together. Mother, daughter, grandmother, friends too. A quick stop at Goodwill, our usual once a week stop to shop there. Taco Bell for lunch, lots of laughter and good conversation.
Its good being home though, its cool and peaceful. I love walking through our front door and today it was even more pleasant as I saw my new piece of furniture. Emery purchased an Ethan Allen Maple Deacons Bench for me yesterday at our local antique shop. I have wanted one for years and there it was right in front of us as we walked into the store. Under $100 ! Later we went through our town and saw a huge yard sale. Ladies from the Spanish SDA church were trying to raise money for a woman's meeting. We found a tricycle for grandbabies, a shelf, and two chairs, one solid maple, perfect for my sewing room. All for $20.
Little joys adding up to big joys. Life is good.

In this moment....
green grass burning brown in the heat and sun.
No music playing, just the sound of the clock on the piano ticking the day away.
Feet bare, clothes simple, and modest
heart condition..... full of love and gratitude for the life I have
house, clean
no plans for the next hour but to sit and read or maybe cut out the blocks for the little quilt for the cradle. Fabric on the deacons bench. A simple Amish quilt, only this one will have a tiny print in it.
A simple day.

Comments

Popular Posts