Birthday Fun


I have to make a confession here....when it comes to my birthday and Christmas, there is more kid to me than adult. I love my birthday and am known to make shopping lists for loved ones long in advance, so they have an idea of what to get me. Its sorta a joke in the family about me and my birthday. I just love it.
The presents are starting to come in, first one from my dear friend
Sunny (we have known each other so long, we don't count how many decades it is any more). A package from Melissa but I promised not to open it until the 15th. One from my dad and sister Sandy, which I will save until the Big day also. But one did arrive today from my other sister and it had PERISHABLE written on the box so I had to open it right ?????
I could smell what was in it, I nearly cried as I opened the box, no kidding, I did. A big box of the most wonderful Italian cookies from Boston ! One of my all time favorite things in the world and something I have never ever seen in Texas. Oh, I was over joyed..... immediately I called her and Michael to let them know, I had reached a state of pure bliss as I slowly and deliberately munched one of those magnificent cookies with pink and green "jimmies" on it. Jimmies are "sprinkles" for those that are not from Boston.
Melanie and Casi stopped by and as hard as it was, I shared my cookies with them : ) Now all I need is a nice tall glass of Moxie and my New England fix would be complete. Like they say, you can take the girl out of New England, but you can't take the New England out of the girl !
When Emery comes home, I will let him have one cookie too. Boy, I just love birthday week : )
If this all makes me sound greedy, well its true, I don't share well when it comes to Italian Cookies or Moxie.


Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
You go girl! I think it nice that you shared.
Happy early birthday!
Cat said…
Hey, I don't blame you for not wanting to share those cookies! ;) They look extremely yummy. Happy Birthday in case I don't get to read and comment on Friday (my second littlest one will be two that day so we'll be busy here, too).
Bertie said…
Living in New Hampshire I can appreciate those delicious Italian cookies from Boston! However, you can have the Moxie, YUK! It's one of those things you either love it or hate it. I've always thought it tasted like cough syrup, rootbeer, & Dr.Pepper all mixed together!! My hubby even works for Coca Cola & I won't let him bring it home!

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

- Bertie
Patty said…
Hi Berti,
No one in the family takes my Moxie when I have it, I am the only one that LOVES it and you are right, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground with it.
Patty said…
Hi Cat,
Happy birthday to your little one on Friday !
Margo in Maine said…
Pre- Happy Birthday...they seem to come faster as you get older ...not sure why....cookies look yummy....but I laughed when I read about Moxie....not hard to come by here...It reminds me of liquor but of course I never have had any so do not know what it tastes like... I have drank it but it tastes nasty to me..Just my Maine take on it....(smile)!! someone said it right...it is a love-hate thing...will have to get a bottle while on vacation this weekend and try it again...it has been awhile..but you have wet my appetite...Again have a Happy Birthday...
eggsintomatoes said…
I grew up in Boston too and moved way far away as a teenager. I miss McIntosh Apples and Frappes and Friendly's Ice Cream. Grinders and jimmies and Devil Dogs. Mmmmmmm. Happy Birthday.
The Stricklands said…
Happy, happy birthday on Friday! We are off to San Antonio to celebrate my mother's birthday (also on Friday). August 15th must be a very good day! Enjoy those yummy cookies. I love the dorkiest candy - Nerd Ropes. I often have a "stash" hidden around the house for emergencies. Hey, I'm almost 50 - I can have a stash if I want to!
Patty said…
Hi Mary, Happy Birthday to your mom too. August 15th is such a great day : ) except napoleon was born that day too, but so wasn't julia child !
Patty said…
Hi Eggsintomatoes,
oh yeah, Friendlys, we had one right across the street from us when Emery and I were first married. Fribbles every night, until we realized they weren't calorie free : )
Patty said…
Hi Margo, give Moxie a try, its a bit bitter, maybe like a medicinal drink. I wish I could have it more often than on the trips I make home. My family used to bring it to me when they came to visit, but can't take it on the plane any more : (
Just can't find it here in Texas
TJ said…
An early Happy Birthday to you! enjoy

Popular Posts