The Simplicity of Our Life





Simplicity really is an attitude and that attitude can become the very philosophy by which you choose to live your life. Manifesting in many ways. Not subscribing to the "I wants", not buying into what society calls success and maybe just maybe by keeping your life so full of joy and gratitude that wanting things is not the measure of who you are.
Its not a fancy new car or house that makes a person content, its whats in your heart. No one will find the true value of you as a person if you cover up the real who you are with material goods.
This morning, I found such peace, such contentment in just walking around our land. Doing chores. Listening to the sounds of nature. Thinking about how much love Emery and I share and how we love sitting close and holding hands, sharing our goals together with each of us giving equal time. Thinking about my children, each one very different, but loving and caring people. Special bonds towards one another. I love hearing them talk about the love they feel for their spouses. Eyes that light up. Selfless love. I hear love in their voices as they call me each day. I see love in their eyes as they talk to Emery, wise enough to know they have such wisdom to glean from their dad. Asking advice, and living by his example. I see a tenderness in my children, tender hearts for the less fortunate and for the creatures of the earth. Compassion. Yes, that's it. This simple life of ours is about seeing more than treasures on earth and seeing into the hearts of others. Owning open minds and open hearts that take away the need for the fancy things in life. That's what this simple life of ours is all about.
Had to include a picture of the thermometer, taken an hour before noon !

Comments

Popular Posts