In The Stillness of the morning, a ramble



It's not quite full light yet, the sun is just coming up over the horizion. Its the time of the morning where it almost looks like a rainy day, there is a grayness before the golden sun arrives for this new day. Already Emery is at work cutting down a tree that is dead. He will come in for breakfast in an hour or so. There are toys scattered all over my living room. It seems strange but good. It has been so many years since toys hid under the couch and on top of tables, or stuck between the cushions.
Mei-Ling is still sleeping. She played hard yesterday. I feel a bit greedy this morning, wishing Steven and Priscilla lived just down the road too, so I could see Elizabeth as much as I see Mei-Ling. I can so easily imagine tea parties with two wee girls sitting about the table with extra chairs for stuffed teddy bears and dolls. Grammie serving tea and tiny cakes all decorated with pink frosting. I hope for many many grandchildren, wondering if I have told my children enough times that a person never regrets having children, but often regrets not having more of them. I have that regret. I wish we had had a dozen children. After Melanie was born, I listened to all the rhetoric from family and had my tubes tied, I knew instantly it was a mistake. A miracle happened and I was able to have a reversal at no cost to us at all. But, there were no more babies born to us, just several miscarriages. I kept praying and having faith up until I was late in my 40's. For a while, while hoping and praying for more babies, I kept count of the times I had heard women complain about being pregnant again. How could they complain !
God heard my prayers though, just not in the way I had planned. We adopted Steven and his brother. What a blessing Steven is to us. His brother was a wounded child, unreachable.
And now, babies in my life, second generation. The fun without the work ! Blessings beyond what I could have ever imagined. My grandmothers uncle had 22 children. All well loved. I have never counted his grandchildren. But I am sure it was many.

The sun is up now so time to head out to the barn. The goats are waiting for their breakfast.

Comments

Sylvia K said…
As you probably know from visiting my blog, I have four children and each one was and is a miracle to me. Only one of mine is married and they decided not to have children, I think that is sad, but their decisions are theirs to make and I never question them. The hardest thing for me is that except for my youngest, whom I live with, the other three are scattered all over the country and it's hard for us to get together. Enjoy your young visitor!
Dawn said…
You know, I read on Fox News I believe how a woman microwaved her baby to death! I mean I felt ill after that and I asked God, like I always do when I read about babies and children getting murdered 'why God...why did you give these women babies if they didn't want them. You knew ahead of time they were going to do this.'
It's just heartbreaking.

I know many sisters who are SDA or Baptist who are plain.
It seems God is calling more and more ladies to seek a plainer life for Him (I am on about 15 or more Yahoo groups and there are always ladies weekly coming in and sharing how the Lord has moved them to be a plain Christian...it's exciting...I wonder what He is up too.)
The plain look is not trade marked by the Amish / Mennonite / Brethren, etc.
I will say though, when one goes plain, whether it be a man or woman, it really is a wake up call to keep yourself in check for God, know what I mean?
I understand what you are saying though...a plain person wouldn't be caught in a video store or buying alcohol or lottery tickets and can see how it can be decieving.
That's why as Christians who are called to go plain always need to make sure they are going about the Father's businss and have their hearts and minds guarded.
The enemy is always out to attack!

The Lord bless and keep you Sis!

Hugs,
Dawn

Popular Posts