Almost An Entire Day of No Blogging


Imagine, me going almost the whole day without blogging ! But, there is a good reason and her name happens to be Mei-Ling. Grammie and Grampie are babysitting for the weekend so Melanie and Casi can attend a convention in Dallas. This little one is now like a monkey and has discovered the joy of climbing, so Grammie is getting a work out keeping up with this wee one. The play pen is coming out tomorrow ! I forgot how much discovery takes place once they get walking and climbing. Its really exciting to watch her explore and figure things out.
We are having a great time, but I will confess that when Mei-Ling took a nap this afternoon, I too took a bit of a snooze on the sofa. I had intended to read but my eyes grew too heavy to stay open. My new GVS catalog arrived today and I never even got a chance to look at it. That is a sure sign of being busy. My little side kick and I did go out together and do some food shopping. She was as good as gold the entire time and I was good, I didn't buy her everything she pointed at ! Funny though, the things you forget about after your family is grown. I had to make trip to the little girls room while we were shopping and I had to plot and plan just how to do this with a baby on my hip : ) It did come back to me...how to accomplish such a task but it sure had been a long time since I had to do that sort of thing.
Several times during the day, she would point to Melanie and Casi's picture on the wall and blow them a kiss, it was so sweet. And starting around 4 in the afternoon she would walk all over the house calling "Gramp-ba" looking for Emery.
I was thinking today, I am so glad that blogging and such were not around when I was raising my children. What a temptation they would have been for me. It would be hard to get things done with this thing begging to be looked at and attended to.
I am tired and bed is calling to me. Tomorrow will be another busy day.
Been watching the weather, wondering where this latest hurricane is going to make landfall. There is talk that we might even get tropical storm conditions way up here.

I am sure she is saying, "I can run now Grammie, can you catch me"
In a flash, she was up on the coffee table, which at first I thought, "wow, that is an accomplishment", but then she stood up and started to walk across it, and then it was,
"oh my, she could walk off it!"

Comments

Sylvia K said…
I know it must be fun and reading your post made me remember my kids when they were young -- I did a little of that looking back in my post tonight. I don't have grandchildren and while I don't miss what I've never had, I do remember what it was like to have four running around the house and because I'd been told I couldn't have children, they were all the more precious to me.
What a little stinker! LOL! I know you guys are really enjoying her.
Carrie J said…
She is growing up so fast. I love the pictures from the previous post. She looks so sweet with her doll. My daughters both had dolls that they carried everywhere. I still have them, tucked away along with my first doll. Enjoy your weekend with her.
My daughter is moving to New Orleans. She is waiting out the storm with my mom about 4 hours away. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Katrinia.
QuiltingFitzy said…
See Mei-Ling.
See Mei-Ling GO!

See Grammie.
See Grammie GO!

See Mei-Ling grow with Grammie.

- - -

Lots of love.
Anonymous said…
How Sweet! :):):) If only they could stay that little forever. :):):) My youngest just turned 5 on Thursday and oh my! how fast did that 5 years fly!
Sunny said…
This post could have been titled "Go Grammie go".
Sure is cute to see her walking.
Janette said…
What a joy to have her with you!

Popular Posts