Mississippi Kite

After doing chores last night, Emery and I sat in the goat pasture relaxing and enjoying all that was around us. Something caught my attention in the sky and it appeared to be a pair of Kites.
I love watching them, they fly so easily. We were fascinated but then a moment almost too grand for words, one of the kites landed in a branch no more than 10 feet above our heads. We got such a good look at this regal bird. It was a gift of a moment.
We both talked about how blessed we are to have chores that take us outside so these moments are not lost to us. I so wished I had the camera with me. I am sure it was a once in a life time event. But, Emery and I get to share this memory and count our blessings that we saw such a wonderful bird up close.
We watched as the bird took flight and its partner met up with it just over the barn and they flew around the place a few times, etching their graceful flight in our minds forever.

Comments

eggsintomatoes said…
Isn't that the best! That often happens to me when I am out running. Just the other day two HUGE elk with giant antlers jumped across the road right in front of me. They were gorgeous. I felt really blessed that I was out running at that time and got to see them.

Popular Posts