The Morning, Full of Gratitude For The Blessings in My Life





Doing chores this morning was refreshing....it was 76 degrees out. It won't stay that way today, but it sure felt good this morning. The view from the barn, green kissed with sunbeams. It seemed strangely silent this morning. No birds singing in the trees, the leaves still. It seemed as if there was a holy hush spread across our land. The goats were in some sort of mellow mood, just sauntering up to the gate when I arrived. Not overly anxious as they are some mornings for their grain.
I sat on the milking stand, brushing the goats and talking softly to them. My yellow and green apron made me smile, after thinking about the give away for the apron book, and of the new interest in wearing aprons, I couldn't take my wearing one for granted. I swept down the walls of the barn, catching cob webs and dust alike. I had time to think about life, about the blessings in my life. I had time to plan out my day, smile at the thought of Emery calling me soon to see how things were going. I just love that man.
I also thought about my upcoming birthday....54 in a matter of days.
I thought a lot about Mei-Ling and her challenges. She had a sleepless night, the new medicine gave her a tummy ache and she cried lots. Full of smiles this morning Melanie tells me.
Elizabeth will be a year old the 12th. We will have a party Monday night for her.
Melissa heads off to Wisconsin Monday to do her clinicals for the nursing program she is in. A life long dream come into being by hard work and determination. I love her so much for that.
Steven becoming wiser all the time. Blessings all around me. Children that have given us such joy.
A tidy house, not hard to keep anymore with just the two of us. Gives me time to help others. Our old work, mostly done now. We provided good soil for the seeds we planted and kept them as weed free as we could and now is the harvest time, what joy it is !
the view from the barn
Cinnamon eating breakfast
Me in my apron, doing my chores
Cinnamon thought my apron would make a tasty dessert
thirsty kittens

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
Hi Patty! We are enjoying a little cool front too! Ahh! I am going out to work in the flower beds today.
Angelena said…
Cinnamon looks almost like she is smiling as she is eating her breakfast!

Popular Posts