Wow, is all I can say.

Last night I had a dream. In my dream I saw hands tenderly touching Mei-Ling on her sides, and touching her mid section ever so gently, those hands were pierced and healed over. I could not see any other part of this person touching the baby, only the hands and forearms. Gentle hands. Its up for debate about dreams, do we conjure them up with our own needs and wants or are they supernatural things, messages in the night ? I have my own personal thoughts on last nights dream, but whatever, I feel good about it. I can honestly say, we are all feeling the power of so many prayers going up for our sweet Mei-Ling. And oh is she ever sweet. She is a feisty one though, not liking to be bothered when she is sleeping. Preferring to be swaddled rather than laying out under the lights in just her diaper. She makes faces at people who disturb her peace. She is so cute. Her little hands so tiny, but compared to some of those in the NIC Unit she is a huge baby. Tiny tiny ones that have come too soon lay in bassinets throughout the unit.
I woke this morning with a feeling that all was going to be well and that Mei-Ling was going to be fine, be it through surgery or by miracle. Its the final outcome that matters. Although I would like to see some fantastic miracle just to show the power of God to so many.
The prayers and kind words from so many of you have been a blessing beyond words. Thanks so much for them. All I can say is WOW, as to how many of you have responded. I am printing your emails and prayers that you have sent, to put in a book to be read by Melanie as she recovers and when the tears fall as they do often, when she is missing this tiny little girl and worried about her.

Yesterday a wonderful bouquet of flowers and balloons arrived for Melanie and Casi from some of the folk, actually most of the folk at Ulrich Barn Builders. Along with a generous monetary gift to help with expenses. The card was one of prayer and blessings for this new baby. Melanie had such a smile as she saw me carry in the flowers. A bright spot in a not so bright day.

Comments

nancyr said…
Great news! I bet she will be able to come home soon. It is so hard for a mom (and dad) to have to leave the new baby at the hospital. One of mine and two grandbabies have had to stay in the hospital, and it breaks your heart. Soon, all will be well, and she will be in her mom's arms.
Grancy
PS. reading about your dream, and one of the comments, this morning, gave me the chills. The comment was about God laying his hands on Mei-Ling, and healing her. Wow!
That is a powerful image.
Patty,

Mei-ling has been in my thoughts these past days. I'm so glad there are signs of improvement and that the doctors are confident enough in her body's ability to recover and grow strong.

From the photos she looks healthy and vibrant and I'm amazed at her size (both my to-term babies were 6 and 7 lbs respectively).

I'd say that though the pregnancy was hard on Melanie, it's obvious that Mei-ling, in utero, was well nourished and protected!

What a lucky, lucky baby.
Anonymous said…
I love hearing about dreams like this. I believe God answers some of our prayers in dreams - in the still of the night when all around is calm and quiet.

Popular Posts