Sights from the Day







By one of the front windows, that flank the front door like shutters on an old house, there sits an old chair, the kind you would have found sitting by the woodstove in an old country kitchen 100 or so years ago. Its high back with the carving on it, gives comfort to the body after a hard days work and the curved arms, allow for laziness to creep in on the most energetic soul. This is the chair I sit in when waiting for Emery to come home. I can look out the window and see pretty far down the road, at least as far as the top of the hill. I love to see our old well worn gray station wagon appear. I know in just a minutes time I will hear that familiar car door sound and see the man that makes my life so rich and full. He always approaches the door with a smile, and I jokingly stand at the door asking for the password to get it. He knows it well, 28 years of the same joke. He tells me, " I love you" and then he leans towards the screen and gives me a kiss.
We still find it funny and amusing. I will share my day with him and show him the pictures I took. He always listens to me. Never preoccupied with his own stuff. Tonight I will take him out back and show him the many little grapes growing and have him help me look for the duck, that has not been seen today. I will show him the flowers in bloom. Most likely we will hold hands the whole time.
Its such an ordinary existence, but it always feels extraordinary.
Just pictures from around home today

Comments

Popular Posts