FANTASTIC NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We all hopped in the car and headed off to see Mei-Ling. Melanie was determined to see her tonight and it was good for her. Here is some wonderful news.....Mei-Ling took TWO feedings today by bottle. We are all excited about that news.
Melanie was so refreshed holding her sweet baby and Casi too. He even got to change her diaper.
The baby can only have two visitors at a time and Casi knowing how much I wanted to see her, came out for a bit and let me see her. Melanie asked me if I wanted to hold her, what a sacrifice for this new mom. I got to hold this new grand-daughter of mine and kiss her twice on her soft black hair. Oh, was I ever happy.
Emery got to see her for a bit too. Grandpa is one proud man.
We thank you all for your prayers and can see and feel them working. Please keep praying and thinking good thoughts for this baby to be well and come home soon.

and as a little note to my previous post, I had a reason for that...you will never find me doing something without a lot of thought. I have no hidden agenda. The person who posted, does not know Steven and Priscilla. She has no idea if they will do all the right things to care for the unborn child.
She has never met them, nor does she know about their habits. She does not know anyone in my family. Presumption....is all she has.
I will never accept or tolerate any hint that one kind of person, name or heritage is better than another.
If children at school make fun of another child's name, these bully children have not been taught compassion and acceptance by their parents. It all starts with adults behaving badly.
There are times when I feel hopeful that our world is becoming more tolerant, more accepting, but there is a reality that stings at times. Some believe we are not created equal. And any tiny hint of prejudice is repulsive. An English name with a royal connection is no more classy than some African royal name, or Japanese name or Inca name with royal connection. It is our limited concept of "class" and "acceptable" names that can perpetuate prejudice and intolerance.
It is a truth that any mere suggestion that one name is better than another due to its connection to a certain society or culture that keeps us tied no, bound is a better word, to ignorance.

Prejudices are the chains forged by ignorance to keep men apart. ~Countess of Blessington


Let us have but one end in view, the welfare of humanity; and let us put aside all selfishness in consideration of language, nationality, or religion. ~John Comenius, 17th century philosopher

Comments

Roswitha said…
Oh dear, o dear, I seem to have stepped on somebody’s toes, unintentionally, let me assure you. My comments were meant as compliment and encouragement for Steven and Priscilla. Considering all the worries and heartaches of the last few days, I envisioned that they might be a little apprehensive and scared about the fate of their own baby, and in my naivete I had hoped that you might even convey my positive sentiments to them. All I said was that I like the name because it is old, time honored, solid; a name that is not trendy, and I used the word “classy” to express elegant, smart, stylish, always in style, never outdated, not a fad - remember Crystal? Poor women, everybody can always guess their age! – and any implication pertaining to social status, rank, cast system, royalty of every kind including but not limited to African princesses, heads of state, chiftains etc was the furthest thing from my mind and is purely your own interpretation and conjecture, however, I want to apologize for my poor usage of English vocabulary should Webster contradict me.
While I have my own preference for certain names, I do understand and respect that some parents like to be creative when naming their offspring, see for example celebrity names like Apple, Peaches, Pilot Inspector, Daisy Boo, Lark Song etc. By no means did I express anything negative concerning Mei-Ling’s name, as a matter of fact, I don’t think I mentioned her at all. Mei-Ling is a great name. Some famous people have had this name. The second wife of Generalissimo Chiang Kai shek, for example, was named Soong Mei-ling, sometimes also spelled May-ling. And if we assume that Casi is short for Casimir, then he has the same name as the patron saint of Poland. Over there the name is generally spelled Kasimir with a K though.
Again, my only intention was to show some support for Steven and Priscilla during these times, which are rather difficult for ALL your family members, to give them a little pat on the shoulder, so to speak, and to give Priscilla a little thumbs up, but you are absolutely and 100% right, I have never met them, I do not know them, but you do, and if you do not agree with my positive assessment of them, or that they do not deserve a few positive words, then I stand corrected. It amazes me how much negativity somebody can wring out of a few well-meant remarks.
I get your message loud and clear and will refrain from commenting in the future.
Patty said…
I apologize Roswitha, just everyone in our home, along with a bunch of others all took your comment the same way. If you knew Steven and Priscilla you would know there is NO worries for them on any level. They just don't worry about ANYTHING. (sometimes they should) I am really sorry for taking your comment in a manner you did not mean it.
I have had a few comments posted that referred to Melanie not taking care of herself and thus causing problems in her pregnancy so I am a bit raw around the edges.

Popular Posts