Sunday Afternoon Drive

The weather wasn't right for hiking today. It kept raining on and off and with as many flash flood warnings that are going on, we thought it best to just head off in the car and not on foot.
Rivers and creeks can rise awfully fast in these conditions, making some trails unsafe to hike.
I took some pictures of the local fields to share with you. Lots of wheat nearly ready to harvest and in some areas the corn is already tasseled.
In our area, cotton and soy beans are grown also. Hay crops have been great this year, after several years of nearly no hay crop due to the drought, the farmers are pretty happy about all the rain this year.
I love how you can see for miles and miles. Growing up with mountains all around me, I never knew the beauty of openness, but now when I go home to where I grew up, it almost feels claustrophobic to me. I love seeing the sky touch the land. I love watching clouds that go on for miles and miles. Feeling the wind off the prairie on hot summer days. I don't think I could ever live in a congested or mountain area again.
Enjoy the pictures !

wheat
corn
Hill County Court House






Comments

Popular Posts