Mei-Ling today


Wee Miss Mei-Ling drank most of her bottle for Melanie today. I love watching Melanie interact with her tiny daughter. The love she feels for this baby is so tangible, so tender, so filled with compassion.
It will be a few more days until Mei-Ling comes home, they just want to make sure everything goes well without the feeding tube etc. As much as everyone wants the baby home, we appreciate caution.
Melanie and I had a chance to go to the Spiral Diner for lunch, its our favorite restaurant in Ft Worth. Vegan and so good. Melanie is staying away from chemicals in food and trying to eat mostly organic.
It was nice for us to just sit together and enjoy what seemed like the first normal moment in time for a long time.
Melanie's incision is healing but still needing to be packed. What a hard thing to have done and to do. Casi is remarkable. He does this packing with such love and care.
The air is a bit cooler tonight, a slight breeze blowing in the window, stirring the curtains ever so lightly. The breeze brushing across my arm as I type. The sky, dark, but not black, there is rain on the way again. More storms arriving tonight. Bad storms are like some endless ritual this spring. If I was from some ancient civilization I would think the gods were angry. I am grateful to be living in modern times.
It will be an early night for me. I need a long sound sleep.
Prayers on my lips for Melanie's returned health and for Mei-Ling to come home soon. She is gaining weight well now and just sooo cute. I even got to change two diapers today.

Mei-Ling with no feeding tube !

Comments

Unknown said…
Mei Ling is growing so fast. She is adorable. and thank God everything is beoming better .... I hope she is home in a few days !
Unknown said…
Oeps mistake I place my comment uunder my son's name :-)
Lucy said…
Yuk , what's this.. I am going to try it for the third time..
smilnsigh said…
Wonderful!!!!! I'm so happy she's coming along so well. So happy for this tiny baby, and for all who love her so much.

Yes, you are all tired. But yes also, you are living through a time of great bonding and giving of comfort and love. Love. Love. Love.

Hope you rested well...

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci
Frgl Ldy said…
She's absolutely perfect!
Marci said…
Oh, those cheeks are just made for kisses. She is a chunky little doll.
Both my boys had feeding tubes and it was such a great day when they were removed. Shortly after they were able to come home. It is good news for Mei Ling!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is good news!!!

Both my boys had feeding tubes and when they were removed they were able to come home within days.
Genuine Lustre said…
What a sweet little chubster.

Is Melanie planning to breastfeed when things settle down?
Patty said…
Hello Favorite apron,
She is pumping now, so Mei-Ling is getting breast milk. Melanie will breast feed. I have very naturally minded daughters, wonder where they would get that ? (Grin)

Popular Posts