Good News Tonight



Mei-Ling is ready to be sent to the transition unit but its full. Her sucking ability is still not good but they said tonight its just due to two things, a diabetic mother and being a preemie. Diabetic mothers often have babies lacking in sucking ability. They expect her to just one day soon to caught up and just be great at this bottle feeding.Her respirations are much better and its only the lack of ability to nurse that is keeping her in the hospital.Emery and I went to see her tonight and I got to feed her a bottle which she took about half of. Emery held her and this tiny one looked very small in her grandpa's arms.Melanie had to have her incision packed today so she was too sore to make the trip into the hospital.
Pray that she heals fast and that there are not too many days of this packing the incision....Its done twice a day and it hurts !
Its all good news for the progress on Mei-Ling.Today I had such good feelings, so many amazing wonderful things happened, so I just knew there was going to be good news tonight at the hospital and there was.
Now we will just keep praying she learn to drink with vigor.
Thanks everyone for praying as its really working.


A little tiny foot
Sound asleep
In Grandpa's arms

Comments

Lucy said…
I keep you all in my prayers
Angela said…
I am praying for the baby and for her parents. God is so good and ever watchful of His children.
nancyr said…
I think she looks like her mommy in the closeup picture where Mei-Ling is sleeping. She looks so sweet and pretty.
Jenny said…
Oh Patty I feel as though we can all breathe out now and give a sigh. I hope everything keeps going well and poor Melanie gains strength and heals well.
Frgl Ldy said…
It sounds like better and better news every day. This is such wonderful news! The picture of Miss Mei-Ling and Grandpa is just precious.
G said…
I stumbled across your blog by chance and was so touched by little Mei-Ling's story. I will keep you all in my prayers. She is a beautiful little baby. God is good!

Popular Posts