Oh this is fun !



Its funny how many memories have come flooding back to me of when my girls were newborns. The way there are suddenly baby blankets flung over the arm of every chair, and diapers for burp cloths. The way the baby shapes her little body into the crook of my arm. I watch Melanie talk to Mei-Ling and hear the very same sounds and expressions I used with my girls.
Now though, I fully understand the concept of time and how quickly these moments will pass and in no time, Mei-Ling will be sitting on her own, walking, talking and then asking a million questions. Knowing all this makes me savor these precious new born moments all the more. Nothing seems important besides just watching her. How well I remember reading that poem about "dusting and cleaning can wait" and thinking to myself, "not so, we need to have everything clean and perfect and tend baby too" I now think differently. Some dust can wait, but babies don't, they grow and change daily. I did manage to make some chocolate chip pumpkin bread for a treat, and at least put a load of wash in, make the beds and insist Melanie spend the entire day in bed, resting and healing.
My breakfast was left over pizza and my lunch simple, a repeat of breakfast. I ADORE pizza. I want it for my last meal on earth.
Off to change a diaper, feed a bottle and then head out for an afternoon stroll with baby.

Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
I just found your blog. I loved the pictures of the new one. Hope she is doing fine.Your life is very interesting. I wish I could have a budget like yours. I love the simple life sometimes then sometimes I want more. Have a great day.
Laura
Robin J. said…
More than gorgeous ...
Marci said…
Oh what an adorable little doll baby!!!! Give her a neck nuzzle from me!!!
smilnsigh said…
All the pictures are precious but that first one... Oh my! That has to 'take the cake.' :-)))))))))

Isn't it precious how the very young, seem to look all head almost. And the rest of their tiny body seems to curl up in an almost too small form.

No, I'm not saying this correctly. But I hope you'll know of what I speak. Or of what I type. With a warm smile on my face, too... as I type.

Precious. Just precious.

Mari-Nanci
Patty said…
I agree Mari-Nanci, and know just what you are saying. We fall in love with their face, their expressions etc, so its wise that babies are made this way : )

Popular Posts