Update on Mei-Ling and Melanie


Melanie got to come home from the hospital yesterday. She is still pretty sore from her c-section. She is staying at our house, so I can look after her while Casi is at work. Casi is staying here too, sleeping next to her on cushions on the floor. This young man is the most dedicated husband and father. His love and devotion to our daughter is wonderful to see.
The baby is having very rapid breathing so they are still tube feeding her. With such fast respirations they are worried she would aspirate any bottle or breast feeding. They told Melanie today that it will be a few more days until the precious miracle can come home. I saw the expression on Melanie’s face sink to the floor. What heartbreak for them not to have their baby home with them.
We need, we covet all your prayers for Mei-Ling. Everyone wants her home and healthy. We know God is in control, and that nothing is too hard for him. Nothing is beyond His healing hand.
At this point they are only worried about the fast respirations. Everything else looks good.
We need a small miracle, and I confident we will get it. Ask, believe and receive. Sounds so simple. The first and last words are the easy ones, the middle one is what is hard sometimes. To believe....when the world around us pummels us with doubt.
Yesterday on my way to pick up Melanie from the hospital, (Casi’s truck is having work done on it, they are being tried in the fire financially, his truck needs $600 worth of work just to be running, the computer went out on it), a man behind be impatiently beeped his horn at me because I took maybe 2 seconds to proceed after the light turned green at an intersection. He was so impatient. I watched and he just went to fill up with gasoline a couple blocks away. I thought to myself, "fella, if you only knew what my past few weeks have been like and what my last two days had been filled with, you would understand my reason for not being so quick on the take off". Then it occurred to me, road rage, impatience in driving, all this hurry, it’s all about you, the angry driver. Perhaps that older person driving slow in front of you is slow because they are on the way to the funeral home to make arrangements for their life mate of 50 years, or maybe they have so much on their mind and nothing seems so important as to rush. Maybe the woman in front of you has just found out her husband is leaving her, or perhaps someone driving slower than you like has a sick child. Perhaps her husband is abusive to her. Or the man is driving slower than you would like because he just lost his job, or is loosing his house. Someone may be on their way home from the Doctors after hearing bad news. You just never know who you are honking at and making them feel worse by your impatience.
You see, the angry aggressive driver is thinking only about one thing, HIMSELF or HERSELF. It’s all about them in their mind, not about the person that is irritating them. Seconds, mere seconds in time has driven them to anger and aggression because to them, their second in time is the most important second on the planet. Sad, really really sad.
You see people all around you, worried about their time, and never in relation to another person’s time, or what may be happening in their lives.
Don't sweat the small stuff, and like the book says, it’s almost all small stuff.
Our lives are filled with so much more than things, than seconds in time behind the wheel, unless you are driving to the hospital in a life and death situation. Our lives are filled with opportunities for compassion, for patience, for showing kindness and for not always seeking first place. It is far better to be placed in the number one slot by others than take it over by force.
.
Mei-Ling one day old

Comments

Kelli said…
I will continue to pray for Mei-Ling, Patty. I feel so bad for Melanie and Casi but their little one will be home soon!
Kelli
~Jennifer said…
Praying for Mei-Ling...

What a beautiful little girl!
Unknown said…
Patty, I remember all too well how hard it was on me emotionally having Andrew in the hospital and not in my arms.. this too shall pass and she will be in her arms soon. Tell her to just keep pumping and pumping... I am praying that Mei Ling latches on quickly with no problems as my Andrew did.. can't believe he is soon to be 1!
hugs to you and Melanie!
debra
smilnsigh said…
I'm happy Melanie is home. So in hopes that the dear baby will be soon too.

Mari-Nanci
Patty said…
Hi Biby,
One of my dearest childhood friends is from Kerela. Its beautiful there ! Glad you are enjoying my blog. I took a peek at yours, interesting stuff

Popular Posts