Loving Life


If any of you watched Oprah today, Martha Beck was on, one of my favorite writers by the way. Her book, The Joy Diet is a must for everyone to read.
Martha Beck mentioned two things today that were simply profound.
Imagine a loved one, your child, a spouse, a family member, sick in bed and you sneak in to look at them sleeping in the night, hoping they are feeling better, so glad they are sleeping peacefully, now imagine that experience, but the person in the bed is you. You are giving all that compassion and love to yourself. We all need to love ourselves with that same level of compassion.
She also said something about how to raise happy children, I am paraphrasing here of course, but the essence of what she said is...if you want your children to love themselves, to love life, to be happy, then you the mother must love life.
Profound.
A lesson for me to be sure, to love myself more. The loving life part, well that I do. No work there for me to do.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
I saw/heard that today, too. The whole show was a lesson for me about taking better care of myself physically and emotionally. I would like to have been on that spa retreat!
Patty said…
Hi Rondi,
Maybe you me and Sunny should save our pennies and go there !

Popular Posts