Summer Cold




I can't remember the last time I have had a cold in summer, but I sure have one now. It seems as though I have been fighting this for several days and finally "it" won. Stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat and that feeling that makes you want to just curl up on the couch and watch mindless television. Reading seems too complicated and hand work, the same.
I did manage to go out on the back porch this morning while the water was heating up for some Throat Coat Tea and snap a photo of the sun coming up, it was so pretty.
Mei-Ling has to see the Dr today, a problem with her vesicostomy. She has had a rough time of it lately. Taken by ambulance last weekend to the hospital with a high fever, but they think it was just a virus since all her lab work came back o.k. and her scans were all fine. If you think of it, please say a prayer for her.
And for my long time readers....Melanie and Casi are celebrating their 4th wedding anniversary today. How time flies
Back to spot on the couch with my box of tissue, Vicks vapor rub and my warm wool shawl.
sunrise this morning
Mei-Ling trying out some antique reading glasses
Melanie and Casi, 4 years ago

Comments

Anonymous said…
That picture of Mei-Ling is adorable! Will be praying for her.

I think summer colds are worse than anything else. I haven't had one in years but the last time was unbearable. Hope you feel better soon.
Deanna said…
Hope you feel better soon. Want my recipe for "The Potion"? It works best at the first hint of a cold but wouldn't hurt even at this point.
Patty said…
Sure Deanna, I would love your recipe for "the potion"
Patty, I hate summer colds. Hope yours is over soon. And how adorable Mei-Ling looks with the glasses! She may grow up to be a professor or ambassador or philosopher! I pray that all goes well for her.

What a beautiful wedding picture of Melanie and Casi. God bless them!
Janette said…
Hope everyone gets well soon.
Happy anniversary to the newly weds!
Lisa said…
Praying for Mei-Ling's healing. Congrats Casi and Melanie, can't believe it's already been four years!

When is Steven's and Priscilla's baby due?
Deanna said…
Hi Patty,
It's a little late for this cold but here's the recipe for future illnesses:

The Potion: 1oz water, 1 TBSP Elderberry concentrate, 1 dropper full of each of the following; Echinacea & Goldenseal Glycerite, Olive Leaf, and Colloidal Silver. 3 DROPS of Oil of Oregano, 1 packet of Emergen-C. Mix all, adding Emergen-C last. Stir...hold nose.....shoot.....chase with more water.

Popular Posts