The News

Mei-Ling will be able to have her vesicostomy reversed but it will not be a simple surgery or a simple solution. There is a pretty good chance they will have to use some of her intestines to build a bigger bladder and although her vesicostomy will be gone, she has serious nervous damage to the bladder and will need to use a catheter several times a day for the rest of her life.
The surgery will require that she be hospitalized for at least two weeks. The hope is to have the operation in the next couple of months. There are tests to be done yet, one that requires she be put under for a couple hours. Its bitter sweet, this news of today. Wishing it was just a simple operation, and that it would just return our precious miracle to "normal".
I just keep thinking what a blessing it will be for her to snuggle under that quilt that so many of you worked on for her while she recovers, knowing so many prayers went into each block made for her.
It feels like its been a very draining day. Melanie is so strong, I watched her face as she explained what the Doctor had told her and saw that my youngest daughter has become a fearless warrior for her children. Tomorrow is Melanie's 27th birthday, what a wonderful young woman she has grown up to be. Please keep them all in your prayers.

Comments

debi said…
I cannot even imagine what Melanie is going through. Or you either. I hate that she will have to deal with that for the rest of her life but on the other hand I thank the Dear Lord that she is here and she will be able to be the big sister and play and have a wonderful life. You are a wonderful grandmother Patti. I love to read you each morning. God Bless your sweet family.
Julian said…
wonderful news! So happy you could be there as support for your daughter. Melanie is a beautiful woman, and Happy Birthday to her!
christina
Melzie said…
Patty will you email me so I can email you pretty please? litlmelzie@aol.com
Patti, I have been following your blog for a long time and feel as if I know all of you. i have been praying for Mei and do hope that her surgery will be successful. With her spirit , I know she will overcome all odds. My prayers will continue for all of you.
Love , Sandra
Angela said…
I just wish I could kiss those sweet chubby cheeks and tell her that I am praying for her. She is so precious. And to God, even more precious.
Patti, I have been following your blog for a long time and feel as if I know all of you. i have been praying for Mei and do hope that her surgery will be successful. With her spirit , I know she will overcome all odds. My prayers will continue for all of you.
Love , Sandra
Cathy said…
I have come across your blog through a google alert for vesicostomy. I haven't been able to read any previous post but I love what your blog stands for already. I will be praying for Mei-Ling and her surgery. I adopted a precious miracle baby almost 5 yrs. ago with Trisomy 18. She has many kidney/bladder type issues since birth. A vesicostomy was being discussed until I did more research and just didn't like all I read. I wanted to say I will be praying and will be back to read your past and hopefully any future postings. Does Melanie have a blog herself?
My daughters blog is annabelgrace.blogspot.com
Paula said…
hope all goes well with Meí-Ling's surgery when she has it.. will be keeping you all in my prayers..

Paula in TN
aimee said…
I thank God that Mei-Ling's vesicostomy can be reversed, but was SO hoping for the same answer as you were. Nevertheless, I know Mei-Ling is in HIS hands and will continue to hope and pray that, in the future, medical science will be able to reverse the damage done to her bladder.
Hope your daughter has a blessed birthday tomorrow and that your rest tonight is peaceful.
Blessings, Aimee
Aimee

Popular Posts