The Quiet of the Hour

In the moments just before bed, the house is so quiet. It is as though the very walls, roof and floor of our little house slumber when we do. The darkness, is comforting, the silence, so beautiful. With windows open, the curtains dance a bit in the breeze, silently. The moon light chasing clouds, viewed out the top section of my bedroom window, stars sparkling, dotting the black velvet sky here and there. I sit here at the computer for a moment, my thoughts overflowing onto the screen before me, I can hear Emery's gentle breathing from the bed and it warms my soul and fills me with more love than words could ever convey.
This simple life of mine has yielded so many blessings. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Maybe it was born in part to some fear of mine, but along the way I picked up so many good things. Life is good, it really is. I am bone weary and ready to flop on my feather bed and gaze at all those glow in the dark stars I put all over our ceiling many years ago. One must remember, you don't have to be a child to have glow in the dark stars and planets on your ceiling : )
Its not easy to get a shot of a glow in the dark star that is on the ceiling....we have hundreds of them in all sizes, but this one was the brightest tonight

Comments

Popular Posts