Afternoon Tea for Me

It's a gorgeous day...robin egg blue skies, with tiny fluffy clouds dotting the vastness here and there. Sunshine, warm in the cool afternoon. Just all too beautiful to miss out on, so I took my tea pot and tea cup out to the front porch and sipped the first cup of my Earl Gray while lemon shortbread cooled on the counter, ready to enjoy with a second cup of tea. The echinacea is beginning to bloom along the front of the house and its not going to be much longer until the gladiolas are bursting forth in bloom too right along with the Echinacea, which is extra tall this year. As I sat out there, admiring the day, it occurred to me just how weary I have been with this low functioning thyroid of mine. In just a few days, the medication has brought me back to life. Someone asked if I had been depressed and I thought, no, never depressed, but I sure did have low motivation/ambition which for me, just about put a halt to many of the things I once enjoyed. At my doctors suggestion, I will be taking some Iodoral too which will give my adrenals a real boost. I tried for over a year to treat my thyroid issue with herbs and it just never did work. My hope is that this medication I am on will not be a life long thing. Hoping the Iodoral will help get things working again the natural way.
This week I bought some fabric to make a baby quilt just to be sewing again and will start on the new curtains for the living room. Feels good to be full of energy once again.

Comments

Beemoosie said…
What a lovely idea to take tea on the porch and enjoy the day!
Dianne said…
So glad you are feeling better! Sometimes we just have to go with conventional medicine, I'm finding that out, too.
Sunny said…
When you are done with that pink rose tea cup set, I'll take it off your hands for you.
Patty said…
Sunny, dear friend I think you will have to stand in line for that tea cup, the girls both love it : ) If I ever find another one, I will get it for you
Renee said…
So good to hear you are doing better. Lovely tea party!
Melanie said…
I had a tumor on my thyroid about 4 years ago.. so I only have one half of a thyroid. 3 years ago they put me on something because the half thyroid was having to work too hard to compensate for my entire body. The medicine is worth it. even if they have to adjust it to get the right dosage. I can remember thinking life just just one crisises after another and the littlest things set me off. For such a little organ the thyroid takes care of a lot of stuff. You will be so glad you took this step.
Stephanie said…
Hopefully the medications will help you feel better. I love when you show your vignettes of an elegant tea break.
cheryl said…
Beautiful tea cups always have a story behind them . I lost a dear friend last September and her children invited 12 of her dear friends and gave us each a tea cup that she had received for a wedding gift . We were moved beyond words . I am sure your tea cup has a story too Patty .
I'll even bring one of my pretty tea cups (from my Mom) and sit with you and have tea! Glad your energy and love of daily doings is returning. In your honour, I will make tea this afternoon and enjoy it on my deck!

Popular Posts