Having Energy

My lab work results came today in the mail and as I expected, my thyroid is low. Low enough to be the very thing that has been zapping my energy levels and making me feel like, I just don't like to do the things I used to do. It may not be that I don't like to sew much any more, but more that I haven't had the energy to sew much, same with many of the craft things I have always done. In view of my test result, I think I might have to retract some of the things I mentioned that I no longer like to do, and see if I still feel that way after being on some meds for the problem. I might just enjoy running again too.
I tried, without success to treat this problem with herbal remedies and by careful choices in food choices. Now its time to just get on some meds and take care of the low thyroid issue. The rest of my lab results were perfect, the Doctor commented on just how perfect they are and I just had to think, all the care and watchfulness in what I eat and how I exercise has paid off. Life is good, but make sure you take care of yourself, because then, its even better.

Tomorrow is another doctor day. The last stop in all this medical stuff, I hope, for a while.

Comments

Marianna said…
Glad to hear that all is well. I believe one of the symptoms of underactive thyroid is mild depression, which would explain your disinterest in things that you've always enjoyed previously. I hope the meds kick in quickly!
Anonymous said…
You're lucky - my mother had thyroid cancer surgery just last week in which they removed her entire thyroid. She lost 70 pounds in a matter of months.
I'm so glad that the medical issues are manageable ones. Haven't had time to write lately, but time to say prayers for your good health.

Popular Posts