The Birthday Present

I promised I would share with you what Emery is giving me as a birthday present....yes, its way early, over 4 months early but I am not complaining one bit.
We have a tiny creek, oh really just a trickle in the rainiest of times. Its a place you have to hop over and when you are carrying feed sacks or such, its not all that nice.
I have dreamed of having a bridge over this spot for years. There have been planks laid over it or a couple of old boards, but never a bridge.
Now that will change.... I will soon be able to sing, "over the river and through the woods" when I go out to do chores. A bit exaggerated, but none the less a fun mental picture.
Just have to wait for a rainy day to have it delivered, that way they can find where the tiny wee creek is

Ulrich Barn Builders , where my husband works, sells these wonderful bridges along with so many other wonderful things. Wonder if I can talk him into one of those nice log cabins they have for sale for a Christmas present : )

Comments

TJ said…
What a beautiful gift! That is what we call a "crick" :)
mikesgirl said…
Patty I love the bridge!! I wonder if I could dig up a spot in the yard so I'd have an excuse to have one........... Your grandkids are going to LOVE playing on that when they get a little older. What a great guy you have there!!! Happy early early birthday!
Aunt Jenny said…
Just beautiful!! Lucky you..what a sweet gift from your sweet husband!!
Carole said…
Oh my that's great !! Your husband is a lovely, lovely man. I just love to lean on a bridge railing and look at the water below, and indulge in deep thoughts or daydreaming... and this bridge is beautiful ! You are very lucky.
Anonymous said…
Emery is such a good soul! Your bridge will look so pretty amidst the beautiful greens of your land. Your flower pictures are stunning.
nancyr said…
Great gift! Now, for future birthdays, how about the bridge leading to the gazebo, I see peeking out from behind that bridge. Great place for tea parties with little girls!
sulli said…
Beautiful Bridge!!! Lucky you!
Mimi said…
I love your little bridge...and it is such a beautiful and thoughtful gift...one that you will enjoy for many years to come...
Happy early Birthday...
Marci said…
That is great!!! You will have fun!!
Oh Patty, what a wonderful gift! So beautiful and so useful and part of your home now, from Emery. Thank you for letting us see it, and all the delights of your yard, the wisteria, the ducks, the goats. It's wonderful.
Sharri said…
What a great birthday gift!
Wonderful Pat!
Renee said…
It's beautiful! Enjoy!
Lovely! Before you know it, you'll have it covered with flowering vines! What a sweet husband!
Dana and Daisy said…
That is so gorgeous! I am catching up on your blog, have been gone a few days. I'm glad to hear Mei-Ling is doing so much better and happy at home!

Popular Posts