Applegate Farms Organic Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage

If you have been reading my blog for any amount of time, you will know I am a huge fan of Applegate Farms products. Haven't found one I didn't like. Tonight's supper is a simple meal of their Fire Roasted Red Pepper Sausage, (organic chicken and turkey) sauteed with onions and peppers from the garden, and a can of organic diced tomatoes (which I added towards the end of the cooking process) and a can of organic kidney beans, simmered together while a pot of Quinoa cooked. We eat Quinoa quite often, its good for you and is easy to season to go with whatever else you are serving.
I plan on sharing how I use the other varieties of sausage with you as I use them. So many good flavors, so many opportunities to be creative. A quick search through my blog for Applegate Farms will show you the other items our family loves. Mei-Ling is a huge fan of the chicken nuggets . These sausage get an A+ from me !

Comments

Deanna said…
I love their andouille sausage although it is HOT! I have found that one or two cut in small pieces and added to a huge pan of sautéed fresh veggies is plenty to give it flavor and make it a meal.
Margo in Maine said…
MMmmm...the combination sounds delicious...quinoa I am not familiar with...
Val said…
I am gonna have to try this! Looks great.
aimee said…
The sausage sounds really good but I too would like to know more about quinoa (is it more like pasta, rice, barley or ??)
Thanks, Aimee

Popular Posts