Mushroom Onion Quiche


There was no real recipe for this but I can tell you what I did to make this quiche. The recipe made two. My grandmother and mother cooked without using recipes and they taught me to do the same.

I used 3 packages of sliced mushroom and 5 onions (small) sliced and sauteed with the mushrooms in some olive oil until tender. I sprinkled in some oregano too.
In a large bowl I whisked 8 eggs and a hefty cup of sour cream, to that I added about 3/4 cup of shredded swiss cheese. When all cooked, put the onions and mushrooms in the pie crusts,
Fill to the rim of the crust with the egg mixture and sprinkle with more shredded cheese. Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then turn the oven down to 300 and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted, comes out clean.

Comments

angela said…
Sounds yummy. I wrote it down for this weekend--much more healthy than our usual biscuits, bacon and eggs. Thanks.
Margo in Maine said…
Delicious...I can almost taste it...and have printed it off and will try it...thanks ...
swedishcowboy said…
I make a much lighter version of the same thing using Fage Greek Yoghurt (or my own homemade from Jersey milk) and without a crust. It is fabulous! Sometimes I add in fresh spinach from the garden.

Popular Posts