Goodwill finds of the day







There are some days at Goodwill that you just hit the jackpot and today was one of them. I found a wonderful service for 10 of Johann Haviland China made in Bavaria Germany, complete with a covered vegetable dish. I believe the pattern is called, "Forever Spring". I also found two beautiful International Silver "Early American" serving pieces that have been very well cared for. Just a bit of a polish and they sparkled. The dishes were $12 for the set and the silver was $6....not bad at all but even better since I had a coupon for $10 off ! Not so sure I NEEDED another set of dishes but maybe one of the girls would like them if I can't find room for them : ) Oh yes, I also picked up a sweet little dish that just begged to be brought home.
Melanie found a beautiful set of China, service for 12 that is white with silver around the edge. Beautifully made and of a good quality. I believe it was made in Japan. Very delicate and simply beautiful. I would say, It was a good day to shop at Goodwill. The dishes are on the internet for $400 for service for 8, no serving pieces and the vegetable bowl lists for $60. With my coupon, I paid a whopping $2 for the lot.

Comments

Linda said…
Wonderful. A lady after my own heart.
NeeCee said…
The dishes are gorgeous and the price makes it all the more lovely.
Lisa said…
I'm going to have to come visit you Pat just so I can go to your Goodwill. Ours has nothing like your deals, the prices are higher, and I've never seen a coupon. After hubby's trip, I know I'm about 9-10 hours from you....that's doable right? LOL.
Lisa in NM
I found the same China at a Goodwill in my home town in Colorado, shortly before Easter. It wasn't a complete set, and there were no serving pieces, but it was very inexpensive. You got a better deal. I didn't need the china, but it is pretty, and I will use it. You are right, it is called "Forever Spring". Unfortunately, my nearby Goodwill store went out of business a few weeks ago.
Patty said…
I believe this pattern was sold in grocery stores as a premium in the 70's-80's. So I think it may be rather easy to find now in thrift stores
Cat said…
What a beautiful find! I have several gorgeous Haviland serving pieces that were my grandmother's. I believe she received them as wedding gifts in 1951.
Melanie said…
I love, love, love Goodwill! One of my favorite stores. Just yesterday I got a pair of Polo khaki pants for my 21-year old son (I'm sure someone paid big bucks for these & I can't even tell they were worn!); 2 shirts for myself; a shirt each for my 2 nieces; a leather monogrammed purse for my niece; a pair of Italian leather slides (shoes) for myself, a Lefton china Christmas pitcher; a Christmas-tree shaped (glass) platter; and a beautiful carved wooden tea light holder for the coffee table - all for under $35!

Popular Posts