Fun Day


Emery handed me a considerable wad of money this morning and told me to have fun shopping if I wanted to. I am simple living yes, but I am a woman first...and shopping is fun when you have money to spend. Since Fathers Day is around the corner, I did do some man shopping but with the rest I sure had fun.
I love Hitchcock Furniture and have a real affection for black and maple so am always on the lookout for chairs etc that fit that category. After shopping today I was heading home and in the right hand lane, when I felt this strong urge to get over to the left hand lane rather quickly and pull into the Goodwill Super store in the next town from us. There were NO cars behind me, which in itself is strange, and my urge was even odd, since I really don't like this Goodwill store and usually avoid it. But, I have learned to listen to these strange promptings from the universe to do something. I went in the store, strolled down the isles that have dishes and glassware and came out at the furniture area and there right in front of me where two Nichols and Stone Co chairs. They had stickers on them that said $25 each, and after all my shopping I only had $23 left. Then I noticed these other stickers that were from the Goodwill store, $10 each. I was about like that Ikea commercial, where the woman is yelling to her husband, "start the car". I was nearly running to the cashier, stickers in hand, giddy inside thinking they have no idea what they are selling ! These chairs are exactly what I have been wanting and they were made in Gardner MA, my home state. They are not antiques but they are not new either, from what I read, they were probably made in the 1960's.
They are going to be perfect with our kitchen table or as side chairs in the dining room.
And today, a little plate found on sale for a little princess that happens to like taking afternoon tea with Grammie. Oh one more good find of the day....pretty file folders from Tuesday Morning, maybe, just maybe they will inspire me to file a few things that need to be filed ~

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
Awesome chairs....I would have had such a hard time not squealing!! They are going to look great in your house..and would be awfully nice in mine too..haha.
Oh your file folders are sweet. I love to use things like that, it encourages me to keep things neat and organized! What a find with those chairs. You were blessed by getting them I am sure.
Kathy said…
LOVE the chairs, LOVE the plate, LOVE the folders! Great finds!!! And the finding is so much fun!

Popular Posts