Milk House Cleaning







Its not a job I dislike, matter of fact I might just even admit that I like to clean the milk house. Scrubbing it down is satisfying work and the pine cleaner makes it smell so good. Today I even polished up the trophies and washed the window. With the window so clean, it made me think that some curtains would look nice out there, but curtains would probably be good hiding spots for creepy crawlies. The goats stood and watched me work, a bit confused when I arrived out there with a bucket, since it was way too early to milk. I hayed their barn too and decided that next week I will give it a good cleaning too. Scrub the walls and take out the old hay and put down all new stuff. New hay in a barn is a smell like none other, its a good smell.
My apron is dirty from all that barn work, but will leave it on until I have gathered eggs in a few minutes. The chicken house is not a place I like to clean, so walking in there today will not lead me to some moment of inspiration to clean it. I leave that job for Emery since he doesn't mind doing it.
We have had sprinkles on and off all day, and gray skies, just like I wanted. The birds have been flocking to the feeders all day in great numbers. The nearby trees seem alive with fluttering wings. I watched for a while, deciding it was my break time. But the break is over. Time to gather eggs and then start cooking for supper. Corn bread sounds good to me tonight, with beans and franks. Simple stuff. Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts