Morning Ramble, Show and Tell


I like Kelli's Show and Tell on Fridays http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ This morning I decided to make my morning walk my show and tell. Natures both shows and tells us what beauty really is .
The beauty of the morning is almost unspeakable, it is filled with beauty beyond words...not in dramatic presentation of colors in the sky or flowers all around, but beauty that calms and gives you a reassuring feeling, the cycle of nature is consistent for the most part. The seasons are timely, they come and go year after year. Leaves fall and leave come. As I wandered around this morning, camera in hand, my long skirt wicking up the dew like a kitten licking milk, with each step the red and natural color gingham would sweep up more moisture, soon soaking a good 8 inches of the hem. I was thankful for my red mud boots that kept my legs dry. Okra in bloom, figs heavy on the fig tree, old roses hanging on to life, new ones coming, some in their prime, much like people. Kittens hungry for their breakfast, spiders hard at work, Familiar things, precious and full of memories. The remains of a rope swing from years ago... I pause and look back in time to see small children laughing and having such fun jumping from the swing to the trampoline. I remember my mother heart, holding my breath, for fear they would get hurt, hearing them shout, "mom we are fine, we won't get hurt". Invincible youth ! We bought a swing for the grand babies, so soon a new rope will hang in that same old cottonwood tree and we will hear again giggles as a wee one feels the joy of pushing through the air. This little walk of mine this morning is like a soothing balm to my soul. Simplicity all around me, no multimedia presentations, the sounds of the natural world filling my ears, it is just nature, unfolding, teaching, showing, revealing God in each and every tiny speck. I am grateful, ever so grateful for morning sunshine on dew laden grass that calls me to wander the land and see with open eyes.
The back door waits to be opened and work in the house awaits me, but now I am refreshed and full of the wonders of nature. A good day to be sure ~

Comments

LBP said…
What amazing photos you take! I love them all but I must say the spider picture made me a little jittery! I love those red boots!
Susan said…
Very calming show & Tell
Susan
Tracy said…
Beauty everywhere!
Carole Burant said…
I so enjoyed our walk:-) Such beauty that surrounds you and I'm glad you let me stop to smell the flowers! hehe Just don't let that spider get anywhere near me!!! lol A wonderful Show & Tell. xo
Marci said…
I enjoyed your walk all except the spider and the cats. =) Love those red shoes. I have a pair of red garden shoes, but can only wear them when I am by myself. Each step sounds like I need some Gas X. =) I call them my tooter shoes.
Heather said…
Breathtaking! Thank you for sharing your beautiful morning view! Blessings ~
Paula said…
Thank you for the wonderful walk. I just love those red garden shoes. :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C
Anonymous said…
I never tire of looking at your beautiful photos and hearing about your homestead life. Thank you for sharing them.

Having been through similar experiences with our youngest special needs son, I understand the worry and exhaustion that you are all feeling - please give Melanie a big hug from Downunder :-)
Mimi said…
you see such beauty in things that most people take for granted and don't even notice...
I mean who would find such beauty if a spider (most of us are just afraid of them)
I appreciate your pictures today to remind me of all the beauty in the world that I walk right past without thanking God for it.
Thank you
Kelli said…
What a beautiful walk around your yard and gardens today, Patty! It looks like you got some rain. We've had plenty this week too!

Kelli

Popular Posts