An Afternoon Ramble


Even in the midst of a busy day, there are moments to connect with our Maker. Time to look with our spiritual eyes, the ordinary around us that when understood with the right approach are simply extraordinary. The miracle of nature...its consistent cycles, the colors, the intricacies, the beauty, all give us something, even if its just a sigh of amazement.
I sometimes wonder if God is real, we all do at one time or another in our lives, just some of us are more honest and open about our doubts, but then I stop...look around me, breath the air, drink water that has been on earth from the beginning of time, just recycled over and over, or see a birth...I know, I really know there was a creator.

Last night the clouds danced across the sky in the bright moonlight...I stood transfixed by the window, watching. In the morning the morning star hung like a perfect diamond pendant shown on the most perfect black velvet sky. Constants...signs of Gods love of beauty.
This afternoon, a walk across the land...grass, green. Sunflowers, yellow. Roses, pink, red, yellow, lavender and coral color. Unspeakable beauty. Chickens eager for some grain gather around my skirts hem, they make me smile. Birds and butterflies make the air their highway.
Leaves rustle in the afternoon breeze. Black walnuts drop from the tree and crash on the tin roof breaking the glory of the moment.
Today I didn't need a heavy bible study to show me that God is indeed love.


God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars. ~Martin Luther~

Comments

Patti said…
Very Very true! We all doubt at times but our Lord understands and is faithful to gently show us the reality of HIM.
Dawn said…
Yes...I have doubted God a few times here in Germany but it was only me continuing to have a pity party on myself instead of getting closer with Him. I knew in my heart of hearts He is / was real. I am not dumb...LOL.

Yes, the beauty of this Earth. It just doesn't create itself. Lately there have been some amazing sunsets here. Oh such beauty...I will have to post some pictures of different ones on my blog soon. :)

P.S. Ewwwwwwwww creepy spider!!!! LOL. I don't think you can kill that thing with a shoe or some Raid...LOL.
JenJen said…
Thank you for these images, Patty.

It's a hot but beautiful autumn day here in Maryland. I have no doubts! ;)

~Jen M
Gorgeous ohotos, and beautiful thoughts. Thank you for reminding me that God shows himself to us in the beauty around us.
nannykim said…
oh , hey--I have a picture of that same spider on my blog and so does my daughter. I love watching spiders at this time of the year--their webs are amazing!!

Popular Posts