Sunday Morning










The beauty of nature is something that always lifts me to a higher place in my thinking. It takes me out of the day to day stuff, the mundane. I feel the presence of God, something I very rarely feel in a church. Its perhaps the quietude of the outside. No distractions, that take you to thought patterns that have nothing to do with the holy. Just to balance things here a bit...about a year ago I was attending morning mass at the Holy Comforter, its an Anglican church that I love dearly. Its not only a place of peace, it is building that is beyond words in beauty. Not gold and gilt kind of beauty, but dark wood, Victorian. The floors and pews squeak, the stained glass windows catch the morning light in just the right way. Its a wonderful place to be, but on this one particular morning, I know I felt the breath of God on my shoulders. I could feel His presence, feel His profound love. I wanted to bottle the feeling, save it, keep it, relive it over and over. The mass was ordinary in as much as it was much the same as every other morning but something different, it was so Holy. That is how this mornings walk felt in some degree. Holy.

The pecan tree
The morning moon
Moths consuming the pecan tree
A black Vulture
Shadows, long and tall
The black Walnut tree
The rest are pretty easy to figure out !

Comments

Mimi said…
you can certainly feel Gods presence in the beautiful world he has created... your pictures are beautiful...

Popular Posts