Losing our Enthusiasm

I am not sure how it happens, but it does. To lots of folks too. People loose their enthusiasm over life.
Are there just that many people out there not living the life they dreamed of or want ? I remember not wanting to go to school perhaps but still waking up each day, excited about a new day. Knowing there would be something new and exciting to face. I had so many dreams as a kid and to be honest I still do. Its kept life fresh for me. I have no concept of life being anything but amazing. Sure there are the days that are not so great, but even in the darkest of days there is always hope. Hope keeps us going, keeps our hearts from sinking into some sort of pit.
If you know me well, you know there are very few times you will hear me say I am discouraged about something. The glass is never half empty for me ! From this, I can honestly say I am happy and feel blessed abundantly, every day.
It takes work, conscious though, to keep looking on the bright side of things. To, as I love to say, "live life with childlike enthusiasm". To see the world ahead of you as a place full of potential and discovery. There are some days I have to do some self talk to keep myself looking at the bright side of things.
I have realized that at age 50 and older, you can still dream and make those dreams come true. You don't have to settle for things staying where you don't want them to be. The world is still out there for us, ready to be discovered.
No need to just sit in the chair saying things like, "I wish things were different". Make them different, if nothing else, start thinking about the things you can do, the ways you can look at life with a more positive attitude. Our feelings are powerful things. If you have someone trying to push your chin down, to make you feel small and insignificant, do little exercises to strengthen yourself so your chin can remain held high, looking up, looking forward.
Dreams are free and for everyone, but they almost always require some inertia to make them reality.
Decide to hold on to the thing that made us full of idealism and hope, enthusiasm !

This mornings sunrise, a new day, full of possibilities



Comments

Teresa said…
I really like this post. A good reminder for me when things seem gray and cloudy.
Teresa

Popular Posts