I Have Not Fallen Off the Face of the Earth

My computer is nearly 7 years old. A wonderful work horse it has been. A Sony Vaio that has become like a family member, but its time has come to be laid to rest. It has been giving me problems on and off for about a month now and yesterday I had the feeling the end was near so spent the day printing out things I should have done long ago and baking up things.
Last night Emery took me shopping but I couldn't make up my mind about what to get so had to come home and do some research on the new desk tops.
Today I drove to Best Buy and picked out my new baby and paid for it.
Got myself just what I wanted and will start bonding with this new machine. Computers are like friends or even family. Some folks are attached to their cell phones or the bread machine, but for me, its the computer. We got our first PC way back in 1988 when very few folks had them. All I have to say is, they have come a long way. Programs came in two colors, a turquoise and purple, oh there was white and gray too. Everything worked from DOS. No Windows. There was even a nifty lock on the front of the computer.
I am still on dial up for another month or so, then that will change and we will be taking one more step in the direction of being up to date. Maybe soon, I will even get a cell phone. My children would sure like that, wouldn't ya. ! Mom is not always easy to reach in their mind. So today, hats off to progress and modern technology .

Sunset last night. The only picture on my camera at this moment. You have to understand, taking pictures was not a priority, getting a new computer was

Comments

Marci said…
I figured we would have pictures of all the computers you looked at and one of the one you chose!!! =)

Popular Posts