Good Morning Sunrise

After I wrote the subject line, I thought about those three words for a bit. I can be read to mean, "Good Morning, Sunshine" as if to greet the sun, or it can be "Good Morning Sunshine" as in it's a better than normal morning sunshine looks wise, and then it can mean, "Good Morning Sunshine" as in there is a fair amount of nice morning sunshine out there.
English is so crazy sometimes.
What is fun, is that today, it can mean all three of those definitions !
Its a gorgeous day already. The sun is coming up with this tangible joy attached to it. I can see the golden yellow creeping further past my window, slowly though as if to walk by in style. The tops of the trees are nearly glowing with this yellow halo of sunshine. A spring bonnet adorned with buds on the trees and tiny flowers that will someday turn into yummy fruit.
If you wake up with some sort of dread regarding the day ahead, I suspect you will dread the entire day, unless you purposely turn your thinking around. We really are what we think about. Having good thoughts gives us a good day. Looking at the beauty around us, remembering a happy song, or deciding you are on top of the world, puts you there.
We all know the story of feeling great, having someone tell us we look sick or use descriptive words like, "you look terrible" makes us feel sick or terrible in no time at all. Our thoughts or accepting the thoughts put on us by others can make us their puppets. Ready to accept whatever they tell us we are. We may even look sad on purpose, to get some sort of feedback about it, then when someone does say "Oh, what's wrong ?" we can play that tune like a fine piano and become more where we put ourselves emotionally.
How much better to just DECIDE to be happy, DECIDE to look on the bright side, DECIDE to not let another person pull our strings and make us dance to their tune and not our own.
Start your day off in a prayer of gratitude for all the blessings in your life, it will make you feel better. Think about 10 things that always make you smile.
When I saw the sun this morning, music started running through my brain. As you may have guessed, music is a big part of my life.

I remember being upset with my parents that they would not allow me to go see the musical HAIR when it came to Boston. I loved the music so much but they had concerns about the ending of this musical so it was a no go for me.
This morning, seeing that pretty sunrise, had me singing "Good Morning Starshine" even though I never did see Hair, I knew the music.
When I was looking up the lyrics to post, I was wondering how they would write out all those rather silly nonsense words.....now I know : )

Hair - Good Morning Starshine Lyrics

Good morning starshine, the earth says hello
you twinkle
above us, we twinkle below

good morning starshine, you lead
us alongmy love and me

as we sing our
early
morning singing song

gliddy glub gloopy
nibby nabby
noopy

la la la - lo lo
sabba sibbi sabba
nooby aba
nabalee lee - lo lo

tooby ooby wala
nooby aba
naba

early morning singing song
Good morning . . .gliddy glub gloopy . . .
Singing a song, humming a
song singing a song

loving a song,
laughing a song
singing a song
sing the song
song the singsong
song song sing

sing sing sing song
song song song
singsing sing sing song


(that was a fun set of lyrics to run through spell check)

This mornings sunrise,

Comments

Popular Posts