Another Busy Day




Once again I woke up with my feet running. Laundry to do, mowing to be done under the clothesline, (this rainy weather has really made the grass grow fast) We found a snake out front so I was not about to go barefoot to hang clothes in the tall grass. Then off to Melanie's house to paint and get a few things done. Ended up mowing her half acre while I was there too. My sneakers are bright green from grass stains. Good thing they are the old pair.

The babies room is all painted. Just some trim and then wash and wax the hardwood floors. I am tired, that bone weary kind of tired. That's not a bad thing in my book, its a good thing. Gives you a sense that you have worked hard.

The wild flowers are appearing in this part of Texas. I saw some blue bonnets and Indian Paint brushes along the road side. A tiny grape Hyacinth appeared on my front lawn today so I snapped a picture of it. I am looking forward to a long hike where wildflowers dot the landscape with color. Our part of Texas is full of wildflowers of so many varieties. What a blessing to see them along every road side, even on a simple trip to town.

Time for me to get myself some food. I sure could go for a nice relaxing French meal about now. Complete with a glass of chilled wine.

Comments

Rowan said…
Hope you had a nice relaxing evening after all your hard work. What kind of snake did you find? I forget that as well as lovely wild flowers and early springs Texas also has poisonous snakes:) The grape hyacinth is so pretty isn't it - a beautiful shade of blue.

Popular Posts