Thursday Thoughts


All day long I have tried to load pictures onto my blog but to no avail. I think its my ISP.
Its been another busy day painting and working on Melanie and Casi’s home. Tonight Steven and Priscilla came over to help too and Priscilla brought the entire evening meal with her for us. What a sweet daughter in law she is. She made a wonderful casserole, vegetable, deviled eggs and for dessert, cake and ice cream.
I feel so blessed to have such good kids.
This morning I worked some in the garden before heading off with Melanie to work on the house. I planted some herbs, and a few tomato plants. Also discovered some asparagus had come up and munched that up before I ever cooked it. Love it raw if its just been picked. Asparagus is a wonderful diuretic along with tasting so good.
Walking around the garden today made me so grateful for the things we can grow. Fo Ti is coming up nicely this year. I should have enough to share some with Melanie for her fence line. A great Chinese herb that is a good tonic for men.
The lilac bush is providing me with so many pretty blooms to cut for putting around the house. The wisteria is just beginning to bloom, its soft sweet scent wafting in through the open window. Nature is a gift to us. Soothing our busy lives with its beauty if we take time to look at it.
It is late and bed is calling me. Another long day and tomorrow will be much the same.
I am so full of gratitude for my strength and health.
I am also very grateful for some very dear friends who made life a bit easier for a loved one today. Thank you !

Freshly picked Asparagus
Lilacs from my garden

Comments

QuiltingFitzy said…
We are grateful for you!

Popular Posts